Conferences & Workshops
American Economic AssociationJanuary 6, 2017 - January 8, 2017Chicago, ILThe 2017 Annual Meeting will take place in Chicago, IL on January 6-8, 2017 (Friday, Saturday, & Sunday). The headquarters hotel will be the Hyatt Regency Chicago; the co-headquarters hotel will be the Sheraton Grand Chicago Hotel & Towers. The AEA, in conjunction with 56 associations in related disciplines known as the Allied Social Sciences Associations (ASSA), holds a three-day meeting each January to present papers on general economics topics. Over 13,300 of the best minds in economics are assembled to network and celebrate new achievements in economic research:
- Program: Offers in-depth coverage of economics topics across many disciplines via hundreds of speakers and panels.
- Job Interviews: The concurrent economics job fair brings together thousands of job-seekers and recruiting companies in pre-registered interview sessions.
- Special Events: The Presidential Address, award presentations, lectures, and many networking opportunities are also part of the experience.
- Proceedings: The American Economic Review publishes a Papers and Proceedings edition in May highlighting selected papers from the meeting, and a limited number of sessions are featured on webcasts.
Date posted: 6/20/2016 | View listing
- Exhibit Hall: Meet representatives offering specialized products and services serving economists and those in related disciplines.
American Public Health AssociationOctober 29, 2016 - 9:00am - November 2, 2016 - 9:00pmDenver, CODate posted: 7/19/2016 | View listing
Gerontological Society of AmericaNovember 16, 2016 - 9:00am - November 20, 2016 - 5:00pmNew Orleans, LADiscover what’s new in aging. GSA’s Annual Scientific Meeting brings together 4,000 international experts and partners from academia, industry, government, and beyond to exchange information and to discuss the broader role of aging science. This meeting is the premier gathering of gerontologists from both the United States and around the world. They participate in over 450 scientific sessions including symposia, paper, and poster presentations.GSA President Nancy Morrow-Howell, MSW, PhD, has choosen "New Lens on Aging: Changing Attitudes, Expanding Possibilities” as the 2016 meeting theme. She wrote, "This theme reflects my scholarly interest on productive engagement in later life as well as my on-going concern about ageism. Research has demonstrated that ageism is still alive and well in our attitudes, behaviors, programs, and policies; and it affects employment, health care practices, psychological well-being, family dynamics, and more. I hope you will think about how our work can contribute to changing ageist attitudes that limit the potential of late life, that undermine our efforts to promote healthy aging and that thwart the development of age-inclusive communities." Where Y'at? New Orleans! A timeless city with a unique way of life that is steeped in European Traditions and Caribbean influences. The restaurants, the music, the people, the soul – they all have something intangibly wonderful. There are countless reasons to love this city and everyone has a different way of making it their own.Date posted: 8/26/2016 | View listing