Conferences & Workshops
American Economic AssociationJanuary 6, 2017 - January 8, 2017Chicago, ILThe 2017 Annual Meeting will take place in Chicago, IL on January 6-8, 2017 (Friday, Saturday, & Sunday). The headquarters hotel will be the Hyatt Regency Chicago; the co-headquarters hotel will be the Sheraton Grand Chicago Hotel & Towers. The AEA, in conjunction with 56 associations in related disciplines known as the Allied Social Sciences Associations (ASSA), holds a three-day meeting each January to present papers on general economics topics. Over 13,300 of the best minds in economics are assembled to network and celebrate new achievements in economic research:
- Program: Offers in-depth coverage of economics topics across many disciplines via hundreds of speakers and panels.
- Job Interviews: The concurrent economics job fair brings together thousands of job-seekers and recruiting companies in pre-registered interview sessions.
- Special Events: The Presidential Address, award presentations, lectures, and many networking opportunities are also part of the experience.
- Proceedings: The American Economic Review publishes a Papers and Proceedings edition in May highlighting selected papers from the meeting, and a limited number of sessions are featured on webcasts.
Date posted: 6/20/2016 | View listing
- Exhibit Hall: Meet representatives offering specialized products and services serving economists and those in related disciplines.
July 10, 2017 - July 13, 2017Santa Monica, CAMarch 1, 2017RAND is pleased to announce the 24th annual RAND Summer Institute (RSI), which will take place in Santa Monica, CA, July 10-13, 2017. The RSI consists of two conferences addressing critical issues facing our aging population: a Mini-Medical School for Social Scientists (July 10-11) and a Workshop on the Demography, Economics, Psychology, and Epidemiology of Aging (July 12-13). The primary aim of the RSI is to expose scholars interested in the study of aging to a wide range of research being conducted in fields beyond their own specialties.We invite all interested researchers to apply to attend the 2017 RSI. Applicants may apply for fellowship support to pay for travel and accommodations. Both the Mini-Med School and the Workshop on Aging are described more fully at our web site: http://www.rand.org/labor/aging/rsi/. The deadline to submit application and supplemental materials is March 1, 2017. For additional information, please contact Cary Greif (email@example.com).Date posted: 11/17/2016 | View listing