The Philadelphia Federal Statistical Research Data Center (FSRDC) is seeking a full-time or part-time Research Data Center Administrator (RDC Admin) with a research background and experience managing projects. This position will be filled in spring 2019.
The Philadelphia FSRDC, located at the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, provides a secure environment where qualified researchers conduct approved statistical research using restricted micro-level data collected by the Census Bureau, the National Center for Health Statistics, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the Bureau of Economic Analysis, and other federal agencies. The Philadelphia FSRDC is operated by a consortium of institutions including Drexel University, the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania State University, Temple University, and the University of Pennsylvania. The Philadelphia FSRDC is part of the FSRDC network administered by the Center for Enterprise Dissemination at the US Census Bureau. Further details on the network, data available, and research conducted in FSRDCs can be found here: https://www.census.gov/ces/index.html.
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
1. Assisting researchers from many disciplines, including economics, geography, health services, epidemiology, sociology, demography, social work, urban planning, business, environmental science and data science in developing successful proposals and conducting research at the Philadelphia FSRDC;
2. Reviewing researcher output produced at Philadelphia FSRDC for compliance with Census disclosure standards;
3. Overseeing daily operations of the Philadelphia FSRDC lab;
4. Serving as a liaison between the Census and the Philadelphia FSRDC;
5. Assisting the Executive Director in marketing the center to the research community in Philadelphia and beyond.
The Philadelphia administrator will be a full-time or part-time U.S. Census Bureau employee who will receive federal benefits. The position requires US citizenship. The ideal candidate for a full-time Administrator will have a PhD in economics, demography, sociology, or a related field, experience in multiple disciplines, a background in statistical methods and strong organizational skills. The ideal candidate for a part-time Administrator will be a currently-enrolled PhD student in economics, demography, sociology, or a related field. The Philadelphia FSRDC is undertaking an informal recruiting effort in anticipation of a formal position posting by the Census Bureau in January 2019. Please express your interest by sending a cover letter and resume/CV to Co-Executive Directors Jeffrey Lin (email@example.com) and Iourii Manovskii (firstname.lastname@example.org).