About the Meeting
The Gerontological Society of America (GSA) is the largest and most established interdisciplinary scientific organization devoted to the advancement of gerontological research, learning, and practice. Through its Annual Scientific Meeting, GSA offers nearly 4,000 international professionals in the field of aging the opportunity to learn the latest trends and development from industry leaders, build strategic partnerships to address aging challenges, and network with peers.
The 2020 GSA Annual Scientific Meeting will be held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, from November 4 to 8, 2020, with the theme, “Turning 75: Why Age Matters." The 2020 theme was selected as a celebration of GSA's 75th Anniversary! We’re celebrating the collective accomplishments of members that have strengthened the field of aging and the mission of GSA. Presentations, programs, and activities will reflect the theme of the 75th year which is "honor the past and enrich the future."
Abstract Submissions for GSA 2020 will be open on January 31.
Call for Abstracts
The Gerontological Society of America (GSA) is the oldest and largest interdisciplinary organization devoted to research, education, and practice in the field of aging. The Annual Scientific Meeting provides the opportunity to learn the latest trends and developments from experts and researchers in aging from around the world. Submit an abstract for your opportunity to participate on the program and enhance the future of the field.
- Multiple presentation options include pre-conference workshops, papers, posters and symposium
- Discuss your study findings with nearly 4,000 attendees from over 40 countries
- Present your research and be published in Innovation in Aging, a fully Open Access, online journal of The Gerontological Society of America. Build strategic partnerships and turn challenges into opportunities
- Over $10,000 in travel grants available to early career investigators, trainees and students participating in the GSA Annual Scientific Meeting.
- Dozens of journalists cover the GSA Annual Scientific Meeting; abstracts have been referenced in such outlets as The New York Times, The Washington Post, USA Today, NBC News, BBC, Reuters, Associated Press, Time,
- U.S. News & World Report, and others — with millions of media impressions each year!
- #GSA2019 reached more than 2 million social media users.
- Friday, January 31, 2020 – Online Abstract Submission Opens
- February 14 – February 27, 2020 – Call for Abstract Reviewers (GSA members only)
- Thursday, March 12, 2020 – Online Abstract Submission Deadline
- Thursday, March 12, 2020 – Pre-Conference Workshop Application Deadline
- Mid-July 2020 – Late Breaker Poster Abstract Submission will open; details will be available in July
- Mid-July 2019 – Abstract Acceptance/Non-Acceptance Email Notifications
- Thursday, September 3, 2020 – Late Breaker Poster Abstract Submission Deadline
The abstract submission fee is a processing fee and is nonrefundable (regardless of acceptance). Once the abstract has been submitted, it is considered processed.
- Professional Paper or Poster: $35
- Student Paper or Poster: $20
- Symposium: $45
For any abstract-related questions and/or comments, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.