American Economic Association
Date of event:January 6, 2017 - January 8, 2017
The 2017 Annual Meeting will take place in Chicago, IL on January 6-8, 2017 (Friday, Saturday, & Sunday). The headquarters hotel will be the Hyatt Regency Chicago; the co-headquarters hotel will be the Sheraton Grand Chicago Hotel & Towers. The AEA, in conjunction with 56 associations in related disciplines known as the Allied Social Sciences Associations (ASSA), holds a three-day meeting each January to present papers on general economics topics. Over 13,300 of the best minds in economics are assembled to network and celebrate new achievements in economic research:
- Program: Offers in-depth coverage of economics topics across many disciplines via hundreds of speakers and panels.
- Job Interviews: The concurrent economics job fair brings together thousands of job-seekers and recruiting companies in pre-registered interview sessions.
- Special Events: The Presidential Address, award presentations, lectures, and many networking opportunities are also part of the experience.
- Proceedings: The American Economic Review publishes a Papers and Proceedings edition in May highlighting selected papers from the meeting, and a limited number of sessions are featured on webcasts.
- Exhibit Hall: Meet representatives offering specialized products and services serving economists and those in related disciplines.